It's been a while since my last post! Oh my! I would like to say something, to explain, but I don't know where to start. Many events have influenced my life so much and deeply that I had to take a long but temporary break in my blog.
But now I'm back, it's me, I'm always the same Gege but with almost 2 years more in my age (this is not funny!) and more experiences and wisdom.
During this long time I have continued with my passion for homemade cooking, so I decided to break the silence in my blog with a recipe.
Simple, quick and easy recipe, but it's wonderful and nourishing for a winter dinner, really a comfort food when it's cold outside!
CROCKPOT MOUNTAIN SOUP WITH PEARL BARLEY, SPLIT PEAS AND LENTILS
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low)
- 1 cup of dry soup mix (pearl barley, split peas and lentils)- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 leek, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp herbs salt
- salt to taste (I have used himalayan pink salt, so healthy)
- 1/2 tsp fennel stems
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 cups of hot water
- extravirgin olive oil
1) Wash the dry cereal and legumes mix with water.
2) Combine all the ingredients in a 2-1/2 quart crock pot.
3 ) Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or 6 hours on low)
4) Before serving add some extravirgin olive oil, give a good stir and.....
Until the next time,